Thursday, April 26, 2012

Repurposed Twin Bed to Daybed


We have a multi-purpose spare room that serves as guest room, reading room / library, and listening area for the growing collection of our LP records. With limited space in there, we could not have both a bed and sofa so we thought a daybed would be a logical choice. Unhappy with the available choices of daybeds, I decided to convert a twin bed into a daybed. 




I found a bed frame on Craig's list for $20. Although, it was missing some hardware, it was an easy fix with one stop at Lowes. 
bi-fold doors

I found some great old bi-fold doors in the attic space when we moved in about a year ago. I've been wondering for some time now how to use them. One made a nice backboard for the daybed. I also couldn't resist spicing it up a little with some colorful slats. 



In hindsight, it may have been better to take the time to prime and paint the frame black. I should have also removed the front rail and replaced it with a wider one. However, this was an impromptu project and I wanted to finish as quickly as possible.
Now I just need to find the time to make some pillows and cushions!

No comments:

Post a Comment